In any successful entrepreneurial endeavor there comes a time when you have to go to places and do things that you’ve never done before. As entrepreneurs, you must understand that your money is hiding outside of your comfort zone, and in order to get your money you’re going to need to stretch yourself.
Join Jay on today’s Black Entrepreneur Blueprint podcast episode # 442 as he discusses the importance of why you need to go outside your comfort zone to reach entrepreneurial success and gives you 5 tips to help you do so.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST NOW
BLACK ENTREPRENEUR BLUEPRINT SHOW NOTES – EPISODE # 442
QUOTE by Ralph Waldo Emerson – “The mind, once stretched by a new idea never returns to its’ original dimensions.”
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU STAY IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE
- You don’t grow as a person or as an entrepreneur (people never leave their hometown)
- You get comfortable and sometimes complacent
- You don’t learn anything new, and your mind limits itself
- Things stay the same (if that’s okay with you then you’re good)
LET ME SHOW YOU WHERE THE MONEY IS HIDING
Your money is hiding outside your comfort zone because you’re not comfortable starting a new business
Your money is hiding outside your comfort zone once you understand that you can live without an employer’s paycheck
Your money is hiding outside your comfort zone because you’re not comfortable learning how to build a lead-generation system
Your money is hiding outside your comfort zone because you’re not comfortable asking your current clients for referrals
Your money is hiding outside your comfort zone because you’re not comfortable investing money in yourself and your business
Your money is hiding outside your comfort zone because you’re listening to people who tell you that you can’t do it
Your money is hiding outside your comfort zone because you don’t have the guts to go get it
HERE’S HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY
- Determine What It Is That You Really Want – your own business, freedom & flexibility, more money, etc.?
- Make A Plan To Get What You Want – what do you need to do to get what you want? Example: if you want to buy your first home, you’re going to get your credit and finances in order, talk to a mortgage professional and get pre-approved, select a real estate agent, find a house, and make an offer
- Be Prepared To Go Outside Of Your Comfort Zone To Get It – recognize and understand that you will have to do things you’ve never done before, learn things you’ve never learned before, and experience things you’ve never experienced before.
- Start Slowly & Test The Waters – Always proceed slowly and don’t be afraid to test things before you completely jump in. Example: For entrepreneurs, get proof of concept for your new business before you quit your job.
- Be Prepared To Have Setbacks And Failures – understand that you may have setbacks and failures when you go outside your comfort zone but that’s just part of the process.