Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, was recently canceled for his recent interview on the Drink Champs podcast episode that was just removed from the Drink Champs channel.
On today’s Black Entrepreneur Blueprint podcast episode # 432, I discuss the entrepreneur lessons you can learn from Ye’s recent interview and how you can avoid some of the pitfalls he’s currently dealing with.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST NOW
BLACK ENTREPRENEUR BLUEPRINT SHOW NOTES – EPISODE # 432
As I mentioned before, I want to do episodes that are most impactful for our community of Black entrepreneurs. Today I’m going to break down and dissect Ye’s recent interview on the “Drink Champs” podcast and give you some entrepreneur lessons to live by.
- # 1 Create your own platform and understand you’re only a guest on other people’s platforms (Twitter, FB, social media). Kanye West’s Instagram and Twitter accounts have been locked after he allegedly made a series of antisemitic comments on both social media platforms over the weekend. With today’s technology you can create your own platforms (video, audio, social media) You can easily lose your business and following, so build your own platform to communicate where nobody can shut you down (podcast, email, newsletter, video platform, etc.)
- # 2 When somebody controls you or your product or service, you’re at their mercy. Adidas has announced that it is placing its deal with Kanye West’s Yeezy brand under review following the rapper’s appearance in a “White Lives Matter” t-shirt at his Paris Fashion Week show last week. In a statement seen by Hype Beast, representatives for the sportswear brand said: “successful partnerships are rooted in mutual respect and shared values”.
- # 3 Don’t trust people just because they’re close to you. (Kanye’s trainer sold footage of him going to the mental hospital that was unauthorized and didn’t go to press) a friend sold him out for 30 million to make him look crazy, they control the narrative
- 4 Control your own distribution. Four of Ye’s Sofi stadium shows were canceled because of white lives matter T-shirt. American Apparel owner Dov Charney wanted Ye to go to the holocaust museum first before he would put it out. With today’s technology, you can create your own platforms (video, audio, social media) and go DTC (Direct-To-Consumer).
- # 5 You don’t have to go outside of your community for professional services. Legal and financial representation (he said show me a Jewish entertainer represented by Blacks when was the last time a Jewish celebrity had a Black lawyer, etc.)
- # 6 Support your own like other ethnicities. He said he has to drink the D’usse over Hennessy so we can come together. The Jewish community sticks together and when one person makes money in the Jewish community, they all make money.
- # 7 Read between the lines. For four years Forbes wouldn’t call him a billionaire to diminish his accomplishments and control the narrative. Stop thinking superficially and start to process information differently. Always remember the source of your information. Also, pay attention to what someone doesn’t say (what they omit), that can tell you a lot also.
GET YOUR FREE SHOPIFY TRIAL TODAY