As a serial entrepreneur and business coach for over 20 years, I’ve seen and heard all types of excuses why entrepreneurs aren’t making money. Many times, the reason is they don’t put in the necessary work to be profitable, or they don’t know what work to put in to make them profitable.
On today’s Black Entrepreneur Blueprint podcast episode # 409, I give you three tips on what work you need to put in to be profitable and discuss the effort needed to become a successful entrepreneur.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
BLACK ENTREPRENEUR BLUEPRINT SHOW NOTES – EPISODE # 409
What I’ve noticed as a business coach is that when it comes to doing the necessary work, a lot of people don’t want to do it. They want results without the work.
Tips To Make Sure You Put In The Work To Make Your Business Successful & The Work You Need To Do
DO WHAT YOUR COMPETITORS WON’T DO
- Create marketing content for ALL of your prospective customers (change the marketing, not the product) Example: If you sell insoles to runners, field hockey players, and restaurant servers, you need to create a special conversation and sales funnel for each vertical. You need to have the following:
- Lead magnet for runners, a lead magnet for field hockey players, and a lead magnet for restaurant servers.
- Sales funnel for each vertical you sell to. That lead magnet is the beginning of a sales funnel that will have a follow-up email campaign for each vertical.
- Create the two most critical systems that entrepreneurs need
- Lead generation system – to generate leads 24/7 365
- Fulfillment system – to fulfill your sales
NOTE: enroll in the No BS Lead Generation program at https://jay-s-school.thinkific.com/courses/no-bs-lead-generation-training-1
- Build Your Database and a platform – you’ll need an email autoresponder and a landing page builder like convertkit.com
- your database is the most valuable asset you have (Amazon prime day example)
- A platform(s) allows you to communicate with your audience at any time – you must own and control your platform (social media is not a platform – it should be used to build your database)
ARE YOU TOO LAZY TO DO THE WORK? HOW BAD DO YOU REALLY WANT IT?
What’s your excuse? – tired, not enough money to start your business, don’t know-how, no confidence, etc.
TODAY’S SHOW SPONSOR
Podcaster Weekly Newsletter
Today’s show is sponsored by “Podcaster Weekly – Build A 6-Figure Podcast.” Go to podcasterweekly.com and register for the newsletter. If you’re serious about building a profitable podcast, subscribe to “Podcaster Weekly” for all the podcast news and resources you need to build a 6 – figure podcast. Each week you’ll receive three issues filled with actionable content and resources including workshops, templates, and tools to build your business. On Monday, you will receive the latest podcast news and updates. On Wednesday, you’ll receive actionable steps and tools to grow your podcast. And on Friday we’ll share our favorite links for the week. Go to https://podcasterweekly.com/