According to a recent study by the Economic Policy Institute for third-quarter unemployment statistics for 2023, whites are at 3% nationally, Hispanics are at 4.6% nationally, and Blacks are at 5.9% nationally; almost two times that of whites.
In this episode, Jay dissects and discusses an excerpt from a speech by Dr. George Fraser as he discusses how to eliminate Black unemployment.
LISTEN TO THE FULL PODCAST EPISODE
BLACK ENTREPRENEUR BLUEPRINT SHOW NOTES – EPISODE # 491
Today we are going to dissect and discuss an excerpt from a speech by Dr. George Fraser the chairman and CEO of FraserNet, Inc., and publisher of Success-Guide Worldwide: The Networking Guide to Black Resources. He is the founder of the annual Power-Networking Conference, one of black America’s largest conferences.
Do You Understand The Importance Of What He’s Saying?
- What does this do to our community – it holds us back and makes us dependent on others
- It puts us in a role of servitude and keeps us at the bottom of the economic totem pole
- We can’t create an economic power base without economic empowerment starting from the ground floor
- The result of not doing this will continue to strengthen the racial wealth gap
Why Don’t We Help Ourselves Since We Have All The Tools?
- We’ve been conditioned to depend on others to survive (when did getting a job become the way out)
- We’ve been brainwashed that our businesses aren’t as good as other businesses (critique others like you critique us)
- Lack of confidence and limited access to capital (it’s easier to make money with money – how many great businesses can you start if you had money – money buys the talent)
What Will It Take To Bring The Solution To Fruition And How Can You Help?
- A concerted effort that starts in your home with you and your children – teach them the importance of entrepreneurship
- Don’t let the school system be the only educator for your children, teach them that greatness lies in them and our ancestors (the confidence to succeed)
- A grassroots, national, and global groundswell for Black economic empowerment along with a plan to galvanize our resources
Dedicate To Educate To Aggregate To Elevate To Liberate