There’s no such thing as an easy road to entrepreneurial success, especially in the competitive entertainment industry. Join Jay on his latest Black Entrepreneur Blueprint podcast episode # 424 as he talks with James DuBose, a successful TV producer, filmmaker, and entertainment executive.
James shares his amazing story as he chronicles his journey from a production assistant to creating popular shows such as Tiny & Toya, One-On-One With Keyshia Cole, Michael Vick Project, Run’s House, and more; to become the GM and Head of Programming for Fox Soul.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW ON YOUTUBE
BLACK ENTREPRENEUR BLUEPRINT SHOW NOTES – EPISODE # 424
In today’s episode, I want to give you some takeaways and several resource links.
- James took his time learning the business and didn’t rush. He started in the entertainment industry in 1992 as a production assistant but didn’t start his own business DuBose Entertainment until 2005.
- He started his business when he saw that there was a void in storytelling for the Black culture and decided to fill that void by starting his own business. He identified a problem and decided to try to solve it.
- James had a great quote where he said “greatness is never a one-man show.” Meaning that it takes a team to build something great.
- James also mentioned that even though he is running Fox Soul, he still owns DuBose Entertainment because of the importance of having multiple streams of income.
- Book Link – The book James mentioned at the end of the podcast is called “Mans Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl. Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.com/Mans-Search-Meaning-Viktor-Frankl/dp/0807014273/ref=sr_1_1?crid=DSC3Z4I0P1JT&keywords=viktor+frankl+man%27s+search+for+meaning&qid=1661538662&sprefix=Viktor%2Caps%2C113&sr=8-1
ENROLL NOW TO LEARN TO GENERATE LEADS & OWN THE DATA
5 DAY LEAD GENERATION SYSTEM: https://payhip.com/b/Ai5L3
GET YOUR FREE ENTREPRENEURIAL RESOURCES
GET THE SHOW NOTES & NEWSLETTER