Join me on today’s Black Entrepreneur Blueprint podcast # 362 where I discuss the true cost of chasing paper versus chasing your purpose. Visit www.BEBConnect.com
BLACK ENTREPRENEUR BLUEPRINT SHOW NOTES – EPISODE # 363
Today I want to talk about living your best life, and how to get there.
Let’s define purpose – the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
Some of the signs of chasing paper
- You’re working at a job you can’t stand just to make a dollar.
- You feel you are compromising your values, but you don’t have a choice.
- You feel unfulfilled at your job.
- You may feel your job is inconsequential and doesn’t have any real impact.
- You jump from job to job or business to business to try to make money.
What does chasing paper really cost you?
- The opportunity to live in your purpose/genius.
- TRUE Happiness
- Chasing paper is a dream killer.
- Cost of inaction (COI vs ROI) – never know what could happen if you chase your purpose
Why You Decide To Chase Paper is because you don’t know how to monetize your genius/purpose. You have to create a system that allows you to chase your purpose and get paid for it.
Your purpose is to help young Black boys become productive adults, that is your purpose. (how do you monetize that?)
Your purpose is to start your own restaurant to give your kids a better life than you had. (monetize by selling food)
Your purpose is to help business owners scale and grow their businesses. (monetize by selling services)
Your purpose is to create content to help offset the negative stereotypes of people in underserved communities. (Monetize by selling content)
Podcast Reference Link: Black Entrepreneur Blueprint # 199 – “Pinpoint & Monetize Your Genius”